Monday, December 29, 2008

QtCreator from TrollTech

I've used QtCreator for the last month and it's starting to grow on me.  I'm used to Visual Studio and Eclipse for development, where I run into resource issues and I occasionally have to kill the process.

QtCreator takes a minimalist approach.  You can use your existing Qt .pro files without having to modify them.  It has all the features (intellisense, debuggin, etc) I want or need right now, minus Vi.  I don't think it will be long before you can edit files in QtCreator with Vi commands.

I tried a couple of the other Qt IDEs and this is the first one that just works without any hassle.

If your interested TrollTech has it here: http://trolltech.com/developer/qt-creator/qt-creator

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home